
US President Donald Trump on Sunday reiterated his claim to having brokered a ceasefire between India and Pakistan in May 2025, also taking credit for ending other prevailing global conflicts.
Taking to the Truth Social platform, Trump responded to radio host and author Charlamagne Tha God who criticised his presidency, stating that the host was completely unaware, knew "nothing" of his achievements or what he has done, "just ending five wars, including a 31-year bloodbath between the Republic of Congo and Rwanda, where seven million people have died and there was no end in sight."
Adding, "He didn't know that, or India and Pakistan, or wiping out Iran's nuclear capabilities, or closing the horrendous open border, or creating the greatest economy."
Eyeing a Nobel Peace Prize, Donald Trump claims to have "settled a lot of wars", including the one between India and Pakistan. As reported by PTI, Trump said, "One of the wars, India and Pakistan - nuclear." Mentioning other recent conflicts between Thailand and Cambodia, Congo and Rwanda, he said, were resolved through "trade pressure."
"I said, listen, you guys are going to fight. You can fight all you want. I mean, just fight your hearts out. But we are not doing a trade deal. All of a sudden, they end up not doing a war."
He said, "I settled a lot of wars. I think I settled on averaging a war about a month. But you know, we are saving millions of lives."
Not only the President of the USA, but even the White House officials are in no way behind, supporting Trump's claims. Last week, White House Press Secretary Karoline Levitt asserted that Donald Trump deserved the Nobel Peace Prize. In a press briefing, she said, "Trump has now ended conflicts between Thailand and Cambodia, Israel and Iran, the Democratic Republic of Congo and Rwanda, India and Pakistan, Serbia and Kosovo, and Egypt and Ethiopia."
Karolin claims that in his six months in office, Trump has "brokered, on average, about one peace deal or ceasefire a month."
Ever since the India-Pakistan ceasefire on May 10, Donald Trump has claimed multiple times that India and Pakistan have agreed to a full and immediate ceasefire, only after US mediation.
However, India has constantly refuted any such claims. In a recent Parliament debate, Prime Minister Narendra Modi firmly stated that no foreign leader had requested India to stop Operation Sindoor, which was launched in response to the 22 April Pahalgam attack in Jammu and Kashmir that killed 26 civilians.
Later on, External Affairs Minister S Jaishankar said that there was no "third party involvement", and there is no link between the ceasefire and trade thereafter. He told the Rajya Sabha, "Prime Minister Modi and Trump did not have any phone calls between April 22, when the Pahalgam terror attack took place, until June 16."