
Â
NCP Leader Supriya Sule on Monday accused the Maharashtra Government of a Rs 4,800 crore scam in the Ladki Bahin Yojana, demanding a white paper and an inquiry into the scheme for women in the state.Â
While speaking to the media, Sule alleged that a majority of women have been omitted from the scheme. She said, "Around 25 to 26 lakh names have been removed from the Ladki Bahin Yojana, of which nearly two lakh women are from Pune. I want to ask the Government, on what basis were the forms initially accepted, and now, on what parameters have the names been omitted?"Â
She also claimed that the names of male applicants were also enrolled in the scheme, which is meant for women. Sule said, "Was the government unable to differentiate between male and female applicants? What kind of software was used, and who deployed this mechanism? This entire matter should be thoroughly probed."Â
The Baramati MP alleged that it is a Rs 4,800 crore scam, for which she would urge the Chief Minister to release a CAG report, a white paper, and an inquiry into the matter.Â
She said, "If the state government fails to do this, we will be left with no option but to approach Delhi. Unfortunately, this seems necessary. I am, however, confident that the Chief Minister will take action."Â
Earlier on Sunday, Maharashtra minister Chaggan Bhujbal had said that ineligible beneficiaries of the Ladki Bahin scheme must withdraw their names voluntarily, and further action must be taken against men who have enrolled for it.Â
Sule added, "Bhujbal Saheb said there is a need to take action against all those who wrongly received benefits. But who exactly are these people? When account numbers were sought, was KYC not done? Were Aadhar cards not verified? The state government must answer where this money has gone. I am going to file a public interest litigation in this matter."Â
She also reacted to the division of wards, ahead of the civic polls in Pune, alleging that this was done as per the convenience of a few. She stated, "Wards should be constituted keeping the interests of the citizens and their convenience in mind."Â
The NCP leader also met Pune Municipal Commissioner Naval Kishore Ram earlier in the day to discuss ward delimitation.Â